Monday 20 December 2010

Body Shop Almond Body Butter

Do you know I simply enjoy a nonversation on Body Shop products, especially the body butters? I believe nothing can replace their elegance and beauty until I come across something more promising! I know I shouldn’t be saying that being an addict and loyal TBS fan! I write this as I came to know somebody out there enjoys TBS posts the way I do, may be the intensity differs! I still don’t understand how I can be partial towards one fragrance when each one is unique in its own way! The moment I open the legendary tub, I get carried away by strong emotions rather! TBS is one and the only brand that makes me nostalgic and emotional ever, as it is I am one! Credit goes to Margaret and Vicky, my friends from TBS in Scotland! God knows how much I miss them!

As far as my knowledge goes, Almond body butter is no longer in their permanent line! It is definitely not available in India, but consider yourself lucky if you spotted one! May be it is still available during sale period in UK, but it’s a regular product in US so far! Check your local stores for availability! The smaller your town, the more the chance of availability of older launches and limited editions!


What is body butter? An intense moisturizer that can be used on entire body! It is specially formulated to maximize skin hydration! Likely to be used during dry times of the year or when the skin suffers from severe lack of moisture! The ingredients offer the skin both hydration and protection!

Claims - Leaves skin soft and fragranced with the indulgent, creamy scent of almonds! Looking for a rich, intensive cream? Anyone with normal to dry skin will be passionate about this super smoother! Deliciously rich body butter soaks in almost instantly, but moisturises non-stop for up to 24 hours with sweet almond oil plus community trade Shea and Cocoa butters!

Body butters usually come in 200 ml tubs! They carry a color theme that coordinates with the fragrance! The tub is beige-colored with accents of Almonds on the lid! The product appears beige, but paler compared to the tub! Creamy in consistency, it’s truly hydrating! Though I can’t say if it literally melts on skin! I use it liberally after a shower; both the fragrance and the product stay the whole night! In fact, they last till your next bath unless you vigorously work under sun! Apply the moisturizer on damp skin! It helps lock moisturizer better!


Almond body butter is fragrant like the perfume-kind! Hence make sure your perfume doesn’t clash with your body butter! You might feel the grease on your skin if you are too liberal, so try be a bit conservative unless your skin is parched in winters! By morning, you feel your skin healthy and moisturized! The tricky part is here i.e. fragrance! I don’t find it nut-scented as others, but you might! Smells sweet just like frangipani, my favourite flower! Reminds me of exotic spa! Completely floral, but don’t get me wrong if I am a flop in describing the scent!


I would love to have a back up of Almond body butter as I enjoy the tropical feel of the fragrance! Would I recommend it? Definitely, if you enjoy the sight of frangipani flowers and exotic spas! Is it worth the hype? Try this at your local store and let me know how you feel!

If you don’t find the wide-mouthed tubs that user-friendly, transfer some product into teeny glass jar! For hygienic reasons, use a clean spatula each time! That way, you can make the best of it! Any body butter supposedly lasts 12 months once you open the tub! You can still use it past expiry, but at your own risk! I don’t mind using as all the core ingredients are completely natural! The tub lasts depending on the frequency you use!


For long lasting bathing experience, cleanse using Almond shower gel or soap! Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells using Almond body scrub before moisturizing with Almond body butter! Try Almond Hand & Nail Care Collection specifically meant for your hands and nails if you are too keen on nail care! Layering regime helps the fragrance last longer!

Key Ingredients - Sweet almond oil provides essential fatty acids that help repair the skin's moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness! Shea butter moisturizes and helps soften the skin! Cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth! Glycerin is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration!


Ingredients - Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Cyclomethicone, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Coumarin, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Geraniol, Caramel! To those who are particular about what you use, just in case!

Mini Mani Treat

Consider my blog only as a buying guide, especially when you are sceptical about shelling bucks! I always try to review a product as I see it! It’s only because I want my readers and friends to experience the same feel enjoying the product to core! At the same time - just because I rave, rant and review only good about a product, it doesn’t mean its worth your bucks! Avoid blame game and play safe! If we buy a product based on a blogger review, it’s only because we are tempted to buy the product in some way! May be because of the packaging, texture, grace, and ego whatever! It’s purely our problem, not the blogger's! If you are completely convinced about the product, read enough reviews till you get exhausted! Second best thing, give it a try at the store by sampling! Third, invest if you still can’t resist the temptation! That’s when you completely justify your splurge! Hope you all take it on a positive note! No hard feelings, please!

Almond Gift Set

Opinions keep changing all the while as nothing lasts forever! For personal reasons, Japanese Cherry Blossom and Moroccan Rose body butter reviews remain the same forever, no matter how enticing the recently launched body butter flavors might be! If at all you need an updated review on any body butter even if it was reviewed earlier on my blog, please feel free to message me! Interested or not, I have plans to delete all the body butter reviews any way as I am not satisfied with the dead pictures, swatches and on-spot kinda reviews! I am gonna re-review almost every body butter! The more I got to use the product, the more I came to know about it! I don’t consider myself reliable in choosing TBS stuff, especially body butters as each flavor is unique in its own way but my besties feel I know more than the sales assistants at the store and I was told the same by TBS staff as well! Hence I want to share with you all what I think I know!

P.S - If you think my reviews are unsolicited, in-depth and boring, please feel free to avoid my blog! My point is just to help at least one soul who wants to know TBS products to the core before investing as they don’t grow on trees! Don’t bother yourself if you hate my posts in particular! If you don’t like it, consider it is not for you! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely! I have been using almond oil since last few days & am totally in love with it - I hope this shows up soon on the 50% off shelves - I grab it then..

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here Tanz..waiting for there 50% discount and i buy few beauties of body shop..i loved your review Divy as usual..

    love
    Anamika:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using the almond oil hand cream and i love it. I have just started using the strawberry body butter and though i love the feel and texture, the fragrance can sometimes overwhelm me. The almond one am sure would be a more subtle fragrance and will surely keep an eye out for it. The only thing before investing in another tub, i would like to know is whether the body butter feels as good in summers?!

    Also am a TBS fan, but only for some products, there are so many hits and misses, but i guess that is with all brands. But without TBS i would be lost, since i use only natural products as far as possible

    Anamika K, www.purebotanicalcare.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got The Body Shop Almond body butter on sale for £5 which is a great price; the usual price is £12.50 which is quite pricey.

    The smell of the body butter isn’t at all great; it has a nutty scent but is not too strong. The texture however is beautiful, is has a really smooth texture that you can easily apply to the skin and that melts in. It did hydrate my skin and I found that the smell did linger, but wasn’t potent. I chose the almond butter because almond moisturises and cares for the skin. This was delivered in the body butter. The effect of the almond butter is not long lasting, I have dry skin and I need a cream that can leave my skin hydrated for long periods of time and this body butter did not deliver that at all.

    I do also occasionally use this for a night time cream and it does help in softening my skin and reducing spots without making my skin oily the next day. My skin absorbs it really nicely, though I only ever used it in the night.

    The only problem about The Body Shop Almond body butter is that it can be too greasy especially when you use a lot and I found that it wouldn’t sink into my skin but rather leave a greasy residue on top.

    For £12.50 I definitely think it isn’t worth it, but for £5 it is worth it! I usually buy the butter when it is on sale because I cannot justify the price on it. However I would not buy it again because it didn’t deliver as a body butter, but for occasional use it would be useful.

    Welcome to my blog at: http://blog.soliditytrade.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will surely check dis 1 out...I love almond too..n d smell wud nt be over powering as others..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Divija,

    Replied to your mail....do check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete