Monday 29 March 2010

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner #1 Black Ink

Claims - This innovative eyeliner offers the precision of liquid liner and the ease of a gel-based formula! Long wearing, water resistant color can be used to create subtle to dramatic looks! Apply with Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush! Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested!


Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner is available in Black Ink, Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, Black Plum Ink, Caviar Ink, Chocolate Shimmer Ink, Espresso Ink, Forest Shimmer Ink, Granite Ink, Graphite Shimmer Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink, Sepia Ink and Violet Ink!


Application technique - Dip the tip of Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush or your favorite eye liner brush into the gel formula! Coat both sides of brush head! Wipe off excess on tissue before applying to eye! Work quick as the product becomes transfer-resistant once dry!


Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner comes in a 3g wee glass pot/tub! Retails for £15! The shade we have is #1 Black Ink, supposedly the blackest black! Product doesnt have any fragrance! Correct me if I am wrong! Consistency is thick, creamy and gel-based! Make sure you tighten the lid once you are done! As mentioned earlier, its hard to work once the product is dry! It doesnt go even on the skin! Can get chunky whateva! Once dry, the product can turn powdery!


Not sure if I can call it downside, but I wish the pigmentation was more intense! Its the blackest black available yet, but I prefer jet black! May be, I should use a greater amount! My opinion, the price is just too much for my budget! For me, it's a splurge! I dont compare Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner to any gel liner available in the market coz its my first gel liner! So far, I have used liquid, felt-tip and gel-based liners! I find liquid the easiest, felt-tip trickiest and gel-based very professional! Do I sound insane?


The first time I used Bobbi Brown eyeliner, I was on cloud nine! I never thought it would be so damn easy! I heard it's water proof and staff told me the same! I applied this in the morning! I was very surprised to find this intact until I took it off! Only thing, it was not as pigmented as it was earlier! Who cares? Personally, I find lining the right eye is tougher compared to the left eye! Especially, Bobbi Brown eyeliner with Ecotools angled liner brush! Did you experience the same? Now, I totally forgot how it was with the other liners!


Gel liners dont come with any applicators, so pick your own tools! Bobbi Brown suggests Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush! If you are comfortable with your favorite eyeliner brush, that should be fine! I use the Ecotools angled liner brush! But, I love to try artist brushes from craft stores! You can also try any pointed brush, as well! Make sure you dont poke your eyes!


Many wonder if gel eye liners are water-line safe! My perspective, I am yet to try! My eyes are more towards watery and sensitive end! So, I hardly mess up with my makeup! But, will surely let you all know when I line my water line! You can use any oil-based eye make up remover to get rid of your eyeliner! If you are comfortable with your favorite makeup remover, that should be fine!

P.S - Requested by bestie! If you dont agree with my review, kindly ignore this post! As you can see, pictures are crappy! Bad weather, again! Lavanya, your mineral makeup review will be up soon! Sorry for the delay, sweetie!

11 comments:

  1. So cool Divs - you have access to BB.

    I am waiting for Maybelline to launch their cream liners here so that i can try these babies. So tempting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the gel liners more and more these days. Kind of getting used to them but they are just superb. Bobbi Brown, want it. :D

    Lovely review, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so something apart from the body shop!
    don't you just love that brush? it's so precise.
    gel liners? never tried them. somehow i know they'll be a blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and prefer to Mac Fluidline, its so much more pigmented and lasts longer! nice review hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never used gel eyeliners- not dat freely avail here in India!Also am too comfy wid pencils now!Nice post!! Nice barbie photos LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice review hun! I have the Mac gel liner which is pretty much the same and I love it! Its the easiest I have ever used. You might find it the blackest black? Do give it a go if you havent :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh great review Divs...i'm so glad you are spreading your wings and entering unknown territories ;)

    Can't wait for more review from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this liner, my mum got it in a duo from Duty Free and I've been using it so much that you'd think it would have run out but it hasn't even touched pan yet.

    I like the fact that it stays on even without a base and that it's so easy to use.

    I really want to get the purple colour that it comes it but I need to finish my current one first.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wherever I turn, its only cream n gel liners...

    And my MasalaMix Shop parcel is yet to reach me...sigh sigh**

    Good review Divija. Now when will we get to see you wearing these?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review Divs. I'd buy it it a heartbeat if BB was available here.

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete