Monday 22 February 2010

Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter

Claims - Wrap your skin in a rich, indulgent chocolate-scented cream that moisturizes and softens for up to 24 hours! Doubly rich for extra dry skin with a yummy chocolate-and-vanilla scent! Cocoa butter, an excellent moisturizer melts at body temperature and is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants! Shea butter moisturizes and softens skin! Organic soy oil is very rich in essential fatty acids that help repair skin's moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple! Suitable for very dry skin! Helps prevent stretch marks, especially during pregnancy!


Body butter is an intense moisturizer that can be used on entire body! They are specially formulated to maximize skin hydration! They are likely to be used during dry times of the year or when the skin suffers from severe lack of moisture! The ingredients contained in body butter often offer the skin both hydration and protection!


Cocoa Butter body butter comes in a 200 ml or 196 g or 6.9 OZ tub! Originally retails for 12.50 pounds, which is expensive! Body Butter tubs usually carry a color theme that coordinates with the fragrance! Cream colored tub with a picture of cocoa seeds on the lid! The product is cream-colored! Consistency is creamy and not so thick!


Fragrance? Actually rushing here and there! Where to begin? Sweet! Yummy! Vanilla-flavored! Not at all nauseating! Caramel is one of the ingredients, but I cant compare Cocoa Butter to caramel scent! I wish I have the strength so that I dont end up eating this one day!

Fragrance reminds me of some Indian festival! Very rich! Very pure! Very happy! Not overwhelming! It cannot be, in fact! Smells exactly like home-made Vanilla ice cream! May be you dont like that! Me likey! I love using this along with any other scented product! No fear of fragrance mishap! I will definitely repurchase Cocoa Butter! Provided, Body Shop doesnt launch any new fragrances which I might fall for!


Sinks in easy! Doesnt leave any greasy residue on the skin! Very very hydrating! The tub lasts longer, but depends on how frequent you get to use this! Inspite of frequent hand wash, the fragrance seems to linger! Skin is visibly soft post-washing! I can feel the body butter on! On test drive, the staying power was more than 8 hours! What about the 24-hour claim? I cant stay so long without a bath, please! If you are so generous, try and do let me know! As for the stretch marks jazz, I think its too early to comment!


Apply the moisturizer on damp skin! It helps lock the moisturizer better! The staying power is phenomenal! Oh yeah! I scoop out the product with my fingers! In my opinion, Cocoa Butter is not perfumey just like the Japanese Cherry Blossom, Moroccan Rose and Nutmeg & Vanilla body butters! You smell incredible with Cocoa butter! If you dont like to invest in Cocoa Butter, at least try to smell that once! Who knows? That might become your staple!


Ingredients - Aqua, Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate, (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour)!

P.S - Fragrances are very personal! Try them before you invest! Wait for the sale or promotions, girls! If you are a Body Shop geek like me, I know how it feels to wait! Go ahead! Japanese Cherry Blossom and Moroccan Rose body butters are highly recommended!

5 comments:

  1. I've yet to try this one. I've only used the cocoa butter lotion. Great review Divs
    ♥XX♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your body butters. Never ending love? lol. awesome review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gr8 review Divs! I love the smell of vanilla and now I am itching to smell this as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used the cocoa butter lotion and the smell is too strong for my preference. But if this smells like vanilla, I gotta give this a try, baby! :P

    Loved the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my all time faves!!

    ReplyDelete