Monday 15 February 2010

Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter

Ahem! Girls! Today's product of review is Body Shop's Moroccan Rose Body Butter! We all know..... Please, dont get wild with my reviews on Body Shop products! The only thing that keeps me happy in this depressing weather is Body Shop! My latest love affair, I can say!

Claims - Beautiful skin-softening all-over body moisturiser with the fresh and feminine Moroccan Rose fragrance! Absorbs easily into the skin to provide intense moisturisation! Formulated with precious oil from roses hand-picked at dawn! I like that sound!

Everythin's coming up Roses!

Body butter is an intense moisturizer that can be used on entire body! They are specially formulated to maximize skin hydration! They are likely to be used during dry times of the year or when the skin suffers from severe lack of moisture! The ingredients contained in body butter often offer the skin both hydration and protection!

Body Shop launched Moroccan Rose range as a limited edition fragrance last spring, but I am sure they made it permanent now! Thanks to the huge demand! I mean, the body butter became permanent! Correct me if I am wrong! The body butter comes in a 200 ml or 192 g or 6.75 OZ tub! Retails for 12.50 pounds, but I got in a sale for 7.50 pounds! Body Butter tubs usually carry a color theme that coordinates with the fragrance! The lid is pearl pink with rose accents, the tub again pearlescent pink! Super girly!

Try me! You won't regret!

The product is baby pink in color! Consistency is creamy! Absorbs easily! Very hydrating! Gives a healthy sheen to the skin! Skin is visibly soft! Apply the moisturizer on damp skin! It helps lock the moisturizer better! Did you ever wanna smell like a Rose garden? This is for you! You might not find this overwhelming if you are into floral scents, especially Rose!

The staying power of the scent is above average! It might stay even more if you keep on layering! I applied a decent amount of Moroccan Rose body butter before going to bed, just to analyse the staying power! My skin was moisturizing till dawn, but the scent was very faint! You can hardly pick it up!


Moroccan Rose Body Butter is a very fragrant moisturizer! Perfumey-kind! Claims best for normal to dry skin! On test drive, the staying power of fragrance was more than 4 hours! For a longer lasting fragrance and to maximise the skin care benefits, use together with other products from the Moroccan Rose range in a layering regime! As simple as that! Preferably, I use this alone! There might be a chance of fragrance mishap!

I dont think I will ever buy any other product from the Moroccan Rose range other than the body butter tub! Moroccan Rose flavor is something to indulge in! Luxury you can give yourself once in a while! Makes a perfect valentine!

Did I describe the color wrong?

Key ingredients are Moroccan Rose, Shea butter and Babassu oil! Moroccan rose extracts moisturize and sooth skin with a fresh, floral scent! Shea butter leaves skin soft, smooth and supple! Babassu oil helps repair skin's moisture barrier while restoring suppleness!

Ingredients - Aqua, Glycine Soja Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Orbignya Oleifera Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Parfum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Juice, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Rosa Centifolia Flower Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 14700

Courtesy: BDazzled

P.S: Fragrances are purely personal! I sound like Moroccan Rose is heaven in a tub! Act smart! Sniff before you invest!

3 comments:

  1. Great Article oh lady of all things Body Shop :D :D

    I loved the packaging of this product - the lovely pink motifs. & I loved yr selection of background :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing. i am not too big on body butters myself. I have one sitting in my drawer for a year now, unused. I more natural oils kind of girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have very dry skin and something i really needed thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete