Friday 12 February 2010

"Gloss"ary of Glossicious

Girls! I have something for you! I know this is not so ground-breaking! Still, I am trying to sound a little different! One more review on Body Shop product, I need a big basket to collect rotten tomatoes whateva! Ever since I started my blog, I wanted to do this post! But, the right time was yet to come!

I love to feature you "all my friends" in my blog! I really appreciate if you are completely involved in doing the post, right from choosing the title! I request one of you, obviously my followers and bug you with my most silly questionnaire! You are the celebrity! I am the Press! You give me an interview! Does it sound great at all? What are we waiting for? Sarah from Glossicious was very modest to lend a helping hand! Let’s bug Sarah! Ola, Sarah! Thank you very much for joining us!

1. What brings you to the Beauty Blogosphere, knowing there are tonnes already? Do you fancy a career that involves makeup?

I blog because I live in the middle of nowhere and it’s the only source which keeps me going and happy! I met so many nice people here! Career in beauty? Maybe not! I consider beauty blogging my hobby! It’s something which I do with my own style and my own rules!

2. What role does makeup play in your daily life?

Well! To be honest, makeup really doesn't play any important role in my day-to-day life! I hardly use any makeup! With kajal, I am good to go!

3. Whom do you find the most-inspiring? Makeup or any aspect of your life!

If you are beautiful inside and content, everything becomes inspiring including life!

4. Sarah, a shopaholic or Sarah, a bargain-shopper?

I was a shopaholic! Since I quit my job, I am more of a bargain-shopper!

5. Your place doesn’t stock most of the brands, especially high-end! How do you update your collection?

Is it a trick question? LOL! I ask my dad and brother to bring me makeup, as they travel a lot! I fulfil my makeup addiction by shopping online! Shipping?? Let me tell you, it’s “expensive”!

6. What is your favourite makeup brand? High-end or drug store? Are you brand-conscious?

I am not brand-conscious! I love discovering new brands, local and international! But, I make sure there is no quality compromise! I use Chanel, Dior, Collection 2000, Luscious etc!

7. What are your go-to makeup products? Anything you reach for, no matter what occasion!

Hashmi kajal, pressed powder and pink blusher! Can I add hair straightener? Not that I don't have silky straight hair, but just to get that extra OOMPH! If I dont have a good-hair day, I might not have a good day AT ALL!

8. Do you have any products you cannot live without? Staples!

Yes! I cannot live without kajal! There! I said it! Happy? It was easy to guess after mentioning it twice already!

9. What is lying untouched in your vanity from day #1? Any future for that!

No product is untouched! They all had their worst nightmares! They were all touched by me! They are MINE! Do I sound insane?

10. What’s your take on Smoky eye - nude lips?

Glad you asked! I love smoky eyes! After all, dark sultry eye is one of the easiest ways to achieve a sexy night-time look with makeup! Nude lips is just a personal choice! I don't like to sport dark lipsticks!

11. Do you collect anything related to makeup?

Am not a collector! I’m sorry! Am I a bad beauty blogger?

12. What’s your take on bloggers' recommendations on products? Do you consider?

YES!! YES!! YES!! I am easily convinced! Really, I read a review, I wanna buy that product very first instance! But I am trying to get over it! After all, all that glitters is not gold!

13. Ever had weird dreams about makeup?
 
Okay! I will tell you my worst makeup nightmare! Promise me, you won’t scream and won’t let my hand go! I was driving the most expensive car in my favourite city! Went to my favourite makeup store! I was shopping at the most expensive makeup counter! At the time of payment, I took my credit card from my Louis Vuitton! SA told me there was no money in the card! I mean, could it get any weird? It is any makeup addict’s worst nightmare! It’s more of a day-mare!

14. Would you like to share your daily routine? Skincare or haircare?

Heheh! You better not ask this question! Oh no! You just did! I have dry skin, so moisturizing is a must! I have many moisturizing creams, so I can't name all! I use organic face wash with rose and glycerine! Once or twice a week, I use either Himalaya’s cleanser or Neutrogena cleanser face wash 2-in-1! Hair care includes oil massage by mom once in a week! Tats it! I have premature grey hair, so I dye them every 2-3 weeks!

15. Would you like to feature your hand bag here? Preferably, a picture that includes you!


Its the ASOS over-size clutch, which I got in sale for 10 pounds! Its HUGE! I call it my JUMBO DUMBO clutch! Its a beauty, indeed!

P.S - Please ignore if you don’t fancy such posts! If you really want to join the fun, kindly do let me know! Nothing else makes me happier!

6 comments:

  1. it looks good div!! you should keep it going as its a great way to know each other and i certainly had fun :)
    and i don't look like farah khan :@ or do i?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was wondering, how you come up wth so many ideas and questions! pretty creative!
    also, just wanted to drop a thank you for all the nice comments, concerns and comforting words you dropped on my blog...really appreciate those..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! this is going to be fun. Now that Sarah has mentioned about Farah Khan, I think she does resemble her. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post and great idea!!
    i wouldn't mind taking part!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeek farah khan. she is short and gori :/ i am tall and not so gori ..lolz kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome aboard, sarah :)

    ReplyDelete