Thursday 18 February 2010

Body Shop Merry Cranberry Lip Balm

Ola! I proudly present to you the Body Shop's Merry Cranberry Lip Balm! Oh yeah! Name rings the bell! I can't tell you how hard I tried just to get hold of this! Long story, shortly put! Merry Cranberry lip balm was sold out in a couple of weeks immediately after the launch! People are really bad! Why cant they leave some for beauty bloggers?

We all love Merry Cranberry!

Claims - Get mistletoe-ready using a moisturizing, glossy lip balm that leaves your lips soft and shimmering with a festive and fruity cranberry scent! The Cranberry seed oil moisturizes skin! Community Trade organic beeswax conditions skin and helps to lock in moisture! Antioxidant vitamin E nourishes and protects the delicate skin on the lips!


Whenever I see this, I feel bad that I could not get a backup! Anyway, a bird in hand is worth 2 in bush! Look at the tin tub! The lid has some pattern, but the tin is plain! Big bulky tin! Lasts long if you are not religious!


Very rich! Very vintagey! Very Christmassy! Very holidayish! Ego-satisfying! Pardon me if these words dont exist in your dictionary! The most adorable packaging! The lid has no threads or doesnt pop up just like that! Meaning, its travel-safe! Bingo! Turn the lid a full circle and open!

Can you see the gold shimmer?

Merry Cranberry is a sheer wash of berry with a hint of gold shimmer! This shimmer makes the balm most adorable and your lips very desirable! Glides easy on the lips! No heavy formula! Leaves the lips so damn glossy, they look plumpy! The shimmer is definitely not chunky! Its so rich in look and feel! To be honest, the shimmer doesnt show up! Not so specific on the lips! Goes very sheer! Still, if shimmer is a big NO - NO, better stay away!


Its sweet in taste, but no so sweet as chocolate! The staying power is not phenomenal, but above average! Stays put for a couple of hours sans food and drink! Looks pigmented in the tin, but gives a berry - plumy sheer wash! I dont know what cranberry tastes or looks like! Might be a red berry, so I cant describe the scent! Just fruity! Not nauseating! Bingo for people like me!

Ingredients - Ricinus Communis Oil, Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Seed Oil, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Mica, Tocopherol, Linalool!


Stats - 15 ml or 0.45 oz or 13 g tin tub originally retails for 4.50 pounds! Correct me if I am wrong! Later on, marked down to 2 pounds! Life expectancy is only 12 months! Who cares?

5 comments:

  1. Here you are with another BS goodie.

    Can I take adopt you as my TBS twin??

    **batting the eyelids**

    LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe THE BODY SHOP LADIES... lolz.. atlast div i got to see swatches on your lips, great change to eyes :)) this small pot looks so cuteee

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a 'cute' smile....n your love for body shop brand is evident...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it looks so pretty! I think TBS may have lifted this idea of berry with gold shimmer from Jordana - I have a very similar looking gloss in a pot frm Jordana & I just love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wanted this but was out of town during the holidays and missed out! I wish it had more shimmer...

    ReplyDelete