Friday 26 February 2010

Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter

Claims - Intensive, creamy and fragrant all-over body moisturiser with luscious lemon seed oil to moisturise, hydrate and delicately scent the skin with an uplifting citrus fragrance! Absorbs into the skin easily to condition and soften! Provides moisturisation that lasts up to 24 hours!


Brazilian Capanema farmers grow soya beans by Organic farming, extract the oil that is then added to the Sweet Lemon range! Products from the Sweet Lemon range include body butter, body puree, body scrub, lip butter, shower gel and soap! Two more limited edition products launched are Sweet Lemon Bath Pom Pom, which is loofah and Sweet Lemon Sponge!


Here are my first thoughts on Sweet Lemon body butter! Indian women do not need an introduction to FEM range of products! Especially their fairness bleach and hair removal cream! Did you ever try FEM lemon flavor hair removal cream? The moment I did open the tub, I got the same lemony scent as the hair removal cream! Not to mention, the same color and consistency! Pale yellow and kind of runny! Sweet Lemon body butter consistency is comparable to the Moroccan Rose and Japanese Cherry Blossom ones!


Sweet Lemon body butter comes in a 200 ml or 6.9 US Fl Oz tub! Sweet lemon range is suitable for normal to dry skin! Comparitively, I used a little amount of body butter! Surprisingly, a little goes a long way! It is very moisturizing! No hint of grease! Leaves behind a healthy sheen! Skin says soft!


On / after application, it smells like a squeezed lemon wedge on the skin! Very mouth-watering! Not that I like, but its so sour and tangy! My observation, fragrance doesnt stay as long as the moisturizer does! Body Shop magic didnt work on me, finally! Something for my hubby to celebrate! I will definitely not invest in Sweet Lemon range, but this badly reminds me of Indian Summer!


Key ingredients - Lemon seed oil moisturises and softens the skin! Cocoa butter softens and smoothes the skin! Shea butter leaves skin soft and smooth!


Ingredients - Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja Oil, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Citrus Medica Limonum Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum, Xanthan Gum, Citral, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Caramel, CI 19140.


P.S - Fragrances are purely personal, so do not take this review for granted! Try your luck! I never buy anything related to lemon, thanks to my allergy! Nothing major, but I find that so damn nauseating! I suffer from motion sickness since childhood! I was always given a lemon, which aggravated the hatred! This is purely my opinion on Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter! If you dont agree, please ignore this post!

7 comments:

  1. I love lemony flavours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah lemony-ness! so refreshing, so summery. my mouth's actually watering as i say this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh ..i feel so refreshed :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl, ur obsession is coming to me also, another great review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! Lemon flavours are so refreshing! Lemon shower gels definitely wake me up in the morning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lemon is my favorite. love to use even lemon flavored deo's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lemon fragrances... Sounds nice :D

    ReplyDelete