Tuesday 2 February 2010

Body Shop Nutmeg & Vanilla Body Butter

Lately, I have been on a Body Shop spree ranging from eye shadows to soaps! I never fancied body butter, but my lovely lady Margaret insisted I use one! On consistent trials, I finally fell for Nutmeg & Vanilla flavor! Who needs an introduction to Body Shop cult-favorite body butter?

Claims - Yummy skin softener! With Nutmeg extract and the aroma of vanilla!

Body butter is an intense moisturizer that can be used on entire body! They are specially formulated to maximize skin hydration! They are likely to be used during dry times of the year or when the skin suffers from severe lack of moisture! The ingredients contained in body butter often offer the skin both hydration and protection!

Every year, Body Shop launches limited edition flavors! This year launch includes Very Merry Cranberry, Black Velvet Apricot  and Nutmeg Vanilla! I didnt like Very Merry and Black Velvet Apricot! There was no tester for Nutmeg Vanilla Body Butter in the store, so I had to sniff only the scrub available! To be honest, I didnt like it! Still, I could not let it go! Small tub of body butter retails for 2 pounds, but full size 200 g tub retails for 3 pounds in a sale! Who could resist? Definitely, not myself!


Let's tweet about the packaging! The body butter comes in a 200 ml or 192 g or 6.77 OZ tub! Body Butter tubs usually carry a color theme that coordinates with the fragrance! The lid is nutmeg brown with brick red accents, the tub kinda ivory with pearlescent finish!

The product is cream-colored! Consistency is thick and creamy! This being my first body butter, I cannot compare! I am not sure of nutmeg flavor! All I know, it is spicy! I was expecting something else, so I was kinda surprised by the scent! It is warm and woody! You know what I mean? It has a cinnamon flavor, rather! Yes, woody cinnamon! To be honest, there was not even a faint hint of vanilla! Might be, cinnamon dominates vanilla! If at all I can sense vanilla, its because my mind already knows vanilla is an ingredient! Hope this makes some sense!

Wait! I am trying to think of something exact in flavor! Did you ever taste hot-cross buns? This kinda reminds me of those buns! But, a lighter version! The Nutmeg Vanilla lip balm is nowhere related to the body butter! Lip balm has a strong cinnamon flavor, comparitively! Very nostalgic! Reminds me of a spice rack or something associated with the kitchen! I was quite sceptical about the flavor on first use! Wondered if I could carry on the scent! I expected something too strong! But on frequent usage, I am immune! I think I kinda like it! With Nutmeg Vanilla lip balm and body butter, I definitely smell like Mistress of Spices!


This can be used by both men and women! Especially, Nutmeg Vanilla flavor! There is nothing too girly in this, so no harm in trying! It is not overwhelming, but might be if you keep on layering! Preferably, I dont wanna use this with other scented products! Understood? We use different products with different fragrances on a daily basis! So, there is a chance of fragrance mishap! Like a clash, I can say! Better be alone than in a bad company! Yes! Wear this alone!

Apply the moisturizer on damp skin! It helps lock the moisturizer better! The staying power of the scent is above average! It keeps fading on every wash! I am not too conscious, so I scoop the product with my fingers! Only thing, I make sure I wash my hands before using! I am really glad the body butters dont come in tubes or any other weird packaging! Otherwise, its hard to know how much product is being wasted!

Nutmeg and Vanilla Body Butter is more or less a very fragrant moisturizer! Perfume-kind! It goes even on the skin! Absorbs quickly! No greasy skin! Of course, its very hydrating! Claims best for normal to dry skin! I fall under combination category, but never had any issues so far! I am using just appropriate amount, trying to be more conservative! It lasts longer, but depends on how frequent you get to use this! Inspite of frequent hand wash, the fragrance seems to linger! Skin is visibly soft post-washing! I could feel the body butter on! On test drive, the staying power was more than 6 hours! YAY!


Key ingredients being Shea butter, organic soya oil, cocoa butter,

Shea butter - Moisturizes and helps soften the skin!

Organic soya oil - Has moisturizing and healing properties that make it ideal for intensive skin care treatments!

Cocoa butter - Excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth!

Brazil nut oil - Moisturizes and helps to leave skin feeling soft!

Sesame oil - Moisturizes and helps to soften the skin!

Ingredients - Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Cyclohexasiloxane, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil) Nut Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel, Orange 4, Yellow 5

Try to associate this fragrance with happy memories! Use this when you are elated! Make the most out of it! I cannot insist you buy this because fragrances are very personal!

5 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for Body Shop products lol
    They had 50% off for body butters last weekend .. and I ordered two.. hehe I havent seen this one thou.
    I like the spicy nutmeg smell so I'll probably pick it up next time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i'll defo be having a look at these the next time im in the body shop..i just got so many to through1
    lo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Divs! I have a request!! Since u have tried so many TBS prdts - I wld like to know your list of the best.

    TBS here is having a sale & I have never used any of their products before so if you could just give a guide on wht r the good things to get from thr it wld be nice :D

    Thks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so tempting...my wallet is itching >.<
    ♥XX♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really waiting for this product to come back this christmas season hopping they'll bring it back here.

    Great blog of urs!
    plz follow back, need followers.

    crazypoplock.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    xoxo,
    A.B.P

    ReplyDelete