Friday 13 November 2009

Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss

Here is Clinique gloss in #10 Grape fruit. If you are new to Clinique, their products are normally allergy-tested and 100% fragrance-free. Mine is a freebie from Clinique's autumn promotion. I got 7ml, which I find is more than enough to judge.

Speaking of the packaging, I like the silver cap and the slant-tip applicator. The shade Grape fruit in particular is very sheer and light on my lips. I can see just a water-like shine on my lips. May be this is how it shows up on a brown skin tone. I would love to see how this comes out on fair/light skin.

The consistency is very thick and kinda heavy on "my" lips, but not so heavy to carry on! The swatch in the official site of Clinique looks more or less like a lighter version of lilac, but not definitely the same on my lips.

This product comes in full size pack of 15ml and it retails for 12 pounds. So, I guess I was lucky enough to get almost half of the product. Repurchase, I dont think so. Clear gloss for me is not fun. Why would I waste my money on something which doesnt bother to show up inspite of my struggling?

As mentioned already, its fragrance-free. Its kinda sticky, but I dont care much when it performs its best as a great moisturizer. If you suffer from chapped lips, this thing helps for sure. Great nourishment! I do have that case right now and I am simply slathering my Carmex along with this balm. This is supposed to instantly relieve dryness and protect with antioxidants. You can use this on your bare lips or on your favorite lip product.

Its a gloss and balm together like 2 in 1, so make sure you choose the right shade. You can carry the looks like from day to night. Staying power is also decent, so thats a big "YAY" for many who hate to reapply their gloss.

I would definitely recommend this product. As it is winter already, it is a must-have in our vanity bags. This one works best with smokey eye where you dont need statement lips. May be, I prefer that way.






D.

No comments:

Post a Comment